9/27/08

A stroll in the park

Hey guys, wanted to throw in a quick entry about the last couple days. We finally have internet so now it is only requiring the motivation to get off my ass out from in front of the 42" television filled with digital cable and enlighten you. We have been here one official week now and it has been a busy one to say the least. We have ridden Marta busses and trains, walked God only knows how many miles and dissected the city as much as we can in the last 6 days. I have been filming as I said so not many pictures, but I did in fact grab the camera for photography down in Piedmont Park, which I can already see to be one of my favorite places in the city. I was here a little over one year ago to see Dave Matthews and the Allman brothers put on a great show here, and now I stand just looking over acres of green grass, nestled in the shadows of the Atlanta skyline. Check out the photos of the park, downtown as well as some around the apartment. (Click on the picture). If you can remember earlier in the blog I discussed my couch and snapped a shot of it in its worst state. Check it out now after Mom's magnificent doctoring of it. We are going to hit up Buckhead Church tomorrow to see how that is. Oh, and by the way, Marta has come in handy since I have had to park my gas-needing car because I can't find a station with gas to supply. It is kind of scary, but thankfully I do live in an area where everything is walking distance or a bus ride away. I am also trying to recover from this annoying cold, which seems to be slimming up. Hopefully will have completely removed itself from my body by Monday morning so I don't snot all over my new fellow classmates that I will be educating with for the next 2 years. 



No comments: