4/3/09

Moving on up

Alright, so Im two days out of starting my third quarter, which is CRAZY. My how the time flies by when you work on never ending projects. So, 25% of my path is complete through this incredible journey I have taken. Lately I have struggled with decisions on which track to focus on, between art direction and design, which leads to the ultimate question of where I can see myself after this. Would I be better suited in an ad agency scenario as an art director working with a writer doing various campaigns for different clients? Or, could I see myself in a design studio doing work like branding agencies (designing logos and creating identities for businesses). I had a sit-down pow-wow with the president yesterday, which ultimately I see to being my main mentor during my time and after. He is so passionate about this field and is always willing to sit and listen and give words of wisdom to keep us on track. His encouraging talk picked me back up and I am ready to continue on, and planning to pick the definite track at the end of the quarter, since I will be taking a split set of design and art direction classes. This is truly the definition of the phrase, time will tell. I will update you guys on my schedule and what kind of classes I will be going at next quarter in a couple days. Monday, we will have a new group of students coming in as first quarters, and being a student assistant, we get to sit with them and answer any questions about the school that they may have, which to me is always fun. I love meeting new people and the ultimate chance to meet people that will be industry leaders one day!

No comments: