7/8/09

No more summer breaks :(

So I officially started my fourth quarter of grad school today, and what a day it has been. It should be a really cool quarter. I am doing mostly hand crafting classes to work on some of that skill, so it will be nice to get away fro the computer some. Here is my new schedule:

• Creative Strokes - class where we will be hand illustrating typography into a calendar. It will be really interested and we already began learning calligraphy and hand script.
• Packaging - focusing on the design of product packaging. I hope to be doing ice cream, but it is not a definite yet.
• Bookmaking - focusing on hand binding books. We will be required to create various books for other classes so it should definitely be interesting.
• Criticism and Design History - Now, this class is basically the motherload class of this program. It is taught by the president and is on Friday mornings at 6:30 am. In this class I will be developing several projects including a wine bottle set, logos, and the infamous chair design project. We are to design a chair that is to represent us and our life. I put some pictures below for you to check out to see what I mean. These are promising portfolio pieces and I am really excited about doing so. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to produce.






Should be a good time but very challenging, which I am very ready for. I hope all is well and more to come!

No comments: