1/28/10

A little bit of exposure..

I have recently began my internship with Epidemik Coalition, a branding and design studio here in Atlanta. Made up of Portfolio Center alumni, I will be spending the remainder of the quarter redesigning their website. This opportunity came about after I had a class with one of the founders, Larry. The class was called Entertainment Design. It is basically a dream class of any designer who loves music. We focused on the rebrand and design of an assigned music artist's album cover, single cover, tour poster and merchandise items. I was assigned The Deftones, and wanted to take a risk. I wanted to take what was just a typical heavy radio-rock band and push them towards a different direction, or "experiment" if you will. I decided, after finding 2 acoustic version songs, to create an acoustic album and tour. Being a band known for their experimentation of different sounds, I decided to call the album The Acoustic Experiment. The idea is to carry you through the process of their recording, and that their hard personality still flows even if it isn't out of distorted half-stacks. The album carries the image of a solid clean acoustic guitar, which once you reach the inside the viewer would find the guitar in shambles, representing the starting element (clean acoustic) to finished result after music was made (smashed to pieces.) I was really excited about this album and look forward to tweaking it for the future to pop it into my final portfolio. Here is an image of the finished piece. The inside also carries a set of collector guitar picks with gold deftones logo, The Acoustic Experiment title, and a guitar logo I designed. Check it out:



I also was carried onto the Epidemik website currently. Here is a screen shot of it, or feel free to look it up on the site, EpidemikCoalition.com.

No comments: