8/6/08

Greenville, Sweet Greenville

So I just got back in town from my 3 day trip to Greenville, SC. I had to work in the office Monday and Tuesday since the senior designer was on vacation and another designer was on his honeymoon (poor guy, ha). It was nice to catch up and sort of reflect on what had been my life the last 3 years. Now that I have moved back to Georgia, I am happy to go and visit Greenville and the great friends I have there, but it's a great feeling to leave and come back to where I feel I belong (for now). 

I arrived Friday night in time to meet up with some of my best friends from Greenville, Justin, Adam, Laura, Megan, Sheila & Cody. We made our way to the hottest spot (in my opinion) in the upstate, Barley's Taproom and Pizzeria. Amazing is the only word to describe this place. Tons of different types of beer and pizza, pasta and calzones so good, you almost never want to leave, and definitely what keeps me coming back. 


We left there and walked outside to find a police chase right on Main St. It was probably the most action that town has seen in a while, but rather eventful nonetheless. We watched as a cop car pulled into the intersection of Main just in time to hop out and sprint down the street towards the criminal's car, which was completely surrounded by two other police cars behind him. It is amazing how so many people are memorized by a car search and someone getting frisked. It was a good bit of excitement for one night.

































































I crash at Justin's place whenever I go to, since he was one of the best roommates I had ever had and one of my best friends. Oh, and I Greenville forgot to mention, he has an AMAZING couch which always seems to welcome me with open arms when I am away from home. 

I worked in the office on Monday, and during lunch, had to hit one of my favorite burger joints in Greenville, Bee Bee's. Only cash and checks accepted, cheap, and all around great food that will make your cholesterol level scream! I met up with Matt, the other guitarist from the group I play with, after work at Boda pipes. It's a cool little cigar shop nearby the office and always has a great smell when you walk in, that is if you like the smell of cigars. We had band practice on Monday night, which was alot of fun to catch up with the guys again. We are preparing for our performance at Phil's Music in Greer on August 16th. This may be one of my last performances with them due to Portfolio Center taking over my life in less than 2 months now.

Tuesday, another day in the office, and my last. I will continue working for the company from home until September 13th, but afraid I won't be seeing any of the fine people I have worked with the past year. It is a good company and I wish them all the success and luck. Tony has been a great boss and I have no doubt he won't make an empire out of that place. For my last lunch, I wanted to kick it over to the Orient, a great Chinese place in downtown. My folks are even fond of this place from past visits. It was really a great end to my last time being with my coworkers. After dinner with another friend that night at Wild Wings, I got back on the lonely backroad of highway 25 and returned back to the peach state. Thanks to Greenville for everything it has given me, I definitely will miss it.

1 comment:

Justin! said...

Laying on said couch right now. You always got a place here buddy!