8/11/08

A whole new look

So this past weekend, me and mom went to do a bit of furniture shopping. Now since we are trying to stay on somewhat of a budget, we started with some thrift stores. I was in need of a new computer desk, couch, and chest of drawers. I have never been a huge fan of thrift shops, I guess because of my luck I seem to have finding quality things, but this time was a different story. We came across an awesome wood desk with metal frame. I plan to paint the frame black to match some of my other furniture in my room. Then, as I went to check out, a couch/chair set caught Mom's eye. It took me a minute for it to grow on me, but it was indeed quite an interesting set. Definitely of the mid-century modern design, which is the look I was going for. Although the furniture had a nasty brown fabric covering, we had decided right there sitting on the actual couch that we were going to make a project out of it. We went to Joanne's right after and picked up black vinyl and the other materials for completely reupholstering this entire set, making it fit right into my idea of a pretty sweet living room. Mom, being the machine she is, says it won't take long to do, so I am very excited to see this fortunate thrift-store find completely regenerated into it's new life. On Sunday we completely ripped off all the old fabric, so here is what it looks like for the moment, but not for long. 


Also, to throw in, there were a couple dates written from previous reupholstering jobs done, and judging by the way the date was written, 12.10.89 with the name Guton, we made the assumption it very well may have spent some time in the German lands. I will be excited to get it finally finished and put in my new Atlanta pad. I am only about 6 weeks out from moving!

No comments: