12/14/08

It's Over!!!

It is finally complete. I am talking about the first quarter. I finished up on Monday December 8th after my fabulous 20 minute critique. I basically had to take all my deliverables and present it to a panel of 4 people. Usually my panel will be people I don't know, but this time only had 2 people I had never met along with 2 of my instructors. One of them being the instructor of my hardest class. Long story short, I presented my work as the last person of the night. Right on the 15 minute mark, I allowed them 5 minutes to let me know I had by far the best work of the night, immaculate presentation skills, and one of the panelists was surprised by me being a 1st quarter and could tell I had been designing for a while. With all that being said, I walked out of the critique a free man and on top of the world. We won't receive critique scores until the end of the break. It keeps us on our toes but I also think that it will be nice to have a few weeks from not thinking about school. The night after critiques were over, I reserved the upper room of the Taco Mac at Lindberg Marta station. Most of the 1st quarters came and we all got to celebrate the completion together.

So now being the break, me and some friends have been tearing up the city. We rode the Marta and explored the downtown area, hitting Centennial Olympic Park and some other spots. After that we rode over to little 5 points which is just an incredible part of town. Its basically a little strip of vintage clothes shops, different cultured bars and some music venues. Even further down the road you will run into the Viriginia Highlands, which is my favorite part of town. I describe it as the Greenwich Village of Atlanta. Even further down is the East Village which also has some great bars and music venues. All in all I have been pretty busy.


This upcoming week I will be enjoying some alone time around my apartment and getting ready for my trip down to Greenville. I will be going Friday to visit some friends and hit up a Christmas party and then heading to Augusta on Saturday. I will be there for a little over a week enjoying the holidays then heading back to the Atl to spend the New Years with al of my returning friends for school. We have to register for classes on January 2nd and then we will getting into the 2nd quarter starting the 5th. So lots of exciting stuff on the horizon but for now I will be around getting enough sleep. 

No comments: