4/7/10

NYC, here I come!

Go back to the second post I made on this blog, back in 2007. I discussed the dream of being in the bright lights of NYC. Well friends, the time has come. I am heading to the big apple on May 3rd for a portfolio review at the Art Director's Club in Manhattan. This is an opportunity in which the top art schools in the nation send only 5 people from each department to go represent them. I was lucky enough to be chosen, and will be meeting potential employers from all over the states. I'm not going in the hopes to get hired, but really just for the practice of talking to people and figuring out what they want to be seeing to offer me a job. I started my 7th quarter meaning I am 6 short months away from exiting these Portfolio Center doors and starting my future. Its exiting, but scary too. We'll see very shortly if I'm where I need to be to make the cut. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: