4/6/10

Traveling the southeast

For break, Megan and I traveled to a few places. One being Greenville, SC, so that Megan could meet and hang out with some of my college friends, as well as a chance for me to get to see the new house purchases of some of them. As some are getting married and buying houses, it's funny to me to think I needed to come back to school. Ha, oh well. No rush. We got to spend an entire night of the 2 nights we were there waiting on one of my friends to be let out of a detention center. Long story, not really worth discussing since all charges were dropped and he is one of the last I'd imagine to be in jail.

On the Falls Park bridge in downtown Greenville.

Then we traveled down to Augusta to visit the 'rentz. We got to get around town with Mom, including the riverwalk and catching the newly added statue of James Brown...hmm. Anyways.




After all that and a weekend in Atlanta, we headed west. All the way to the west side of Louisiana, right on the Texas border. I got to see where Megan came from, meet her friends and hang out with her parents. With drive-thru daiquiris, crawfish boils, and some of the most amazing shrimp and corn chowder I think I have ever eaten, it was definitely a different place than where I'm from. We traveled 20 minutes down the highway from her house to the Texas border to take some pictures of my home state. Well, for the birth and first 6 months of my life. I kind of thought of it as an accident, since I am as far from a true Texan as possible. Check out the pics:

Bag of soon to be eaten crawfish.
Not to appetizing looking yet, but after the boil, hell yea!
Megan house. Designed by her mom. Beautiful.


A cool pasture that caught Megan's eye on the drive back to Georgia.

No comments: