1/31/11

We all need a little change.

Change means things are going to be different. Can be as small as adjusting to a new pair of Hanes you have added to the top dresser drawer, or learning to live in an entirely new environment. Or it can be learning to live without.

It's not always easy, but it is indeed one thing that all of us go through at some point in our life. Whether you like it or not.

You change age. You change tastes in music and food. You change grades and schools. It is what life is all about. Obama's entire presidential campaign was themed off the word "Change." Change for the better. Change for the worse.

Change comes sometimes without our control. And other times, we make decisions that spawn it. We have to, and we must understand that the consequences of it we need to endure so that we might, just maybe, reap a lesson of life out of it. Others will disagree with you, look down at you for it, or tell you straight up that you're wrong. But do understand that when you feel in your life that change is due, go with your gut and your heart, and leave your brain at home. Don't think yourself out of tasks that you know need to happen regardless if you like it or not. Because usually, the journey through the darkest places in life teach us the most about ourselves. Not to come off completely dramatic and deep. But God knows we all need to inspect who we are and what we're about every now and again. You need to make sure you are the best representation of what you want to be and be seen as before throwing yourself into social situations where someone might want to analyze you. Because they will.

I have decided that is what I need mostly right now in my life, so I am changing things as well. I need to figure out what I want in life, and what I want to be. Not so much career-wise, but more so human-wise. It is definitely not easy to do, and has already required major change that has been quite difficult to deal with. A little painful mind you. But necessary.

Be sure that you are pleased with who you are as a person before you ever decide to let someone else have you. You may just find yourself slipping down a path that you never intended. And when that does happen, making a decision to do something about it is all on your shoulders, and it might totally suck. Don't wait for someone else to tell you to. If you care about the thoughts of others towards you, to where it's what leads your life and decisions for yourself, change it.

4 comments:

Letty said...

Hello,
I like that you wrote, I'm in middle of changes, so it's to difficult my adaptation to my new partner, I'm recently married so, my partner is my husband :P
So, i'm trying to fit in our life together´but sometimes I think that I can´t, that I'm wrong, so I'm sad... but just sometimes... Saludos :D

Chiara said...

One of the best things that can happen in a day like that, is clicking "Next blog" on your Navbar and reading something good, something HUMAN, something that comes from the Soul... in a Virtual reality.
I loved your words (and also your NYC pictures).
This is a great way to share something with the World, feeling the World not that big. Feeling that 6000km (I've no clue what in miles mean) are nothing.
Thank you for the good vibrations :)
Have a nice day!

Margaret said...

I just read your blog entry. Loved it and the pictures. I,too, am making changes, reinventing myself. I recently retired and am beginning a new career, something I've wanted to do a long time. Your blog encourages me.

God continue to bless. He's already blessed you greatly.
Margaret

Manoj Agadi said...

Yes, Eric you are correct. Change is necessary for Everyone. A very nice article.

android chat application